- Designed For
- Designed for technicians, managers and support personnel looking for career advancement in the wood-based composites industry.
- Always available
- Online, self-paced
- WBC members receive 25% off! Contact the WBC to receive your discount code.
Introduction to adhesion science and technology with an introduction to basic chemical concepts, surface chemistry, polymer science, polymer analysis, and also to some commercially significant wood adhesives and topics specific to those adhesives.
- Introduction to Adhesion
- Chemical Introduction
- Intermolecular Forces
- Surface Chemistry
- Organic Reactivity
- Polymer Analysis
- Polymer Science-I
- Polymer Science-II
- Theories of Adhesion
- Adhesive Strength Development
- Adhesives and Applications
- Wood Factors that Impact Bonding
Instructor: Charles (Chip) Frazier (Virginia Tech; firstname.lastname@example.org)
This course is part of the Wood-Based Composite Science Short Course Series. Click here to view the whole series.
Chip Frazier is the Thomas M. Brooks Professor of sustainable biomaterials at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.