- Designed For
- Designed for technicians, managers and support personnel looking for career advancement in the wood-based composites industry.
- Always available
- Online, self-paced
- WBC members receive 25% off! Contact the WBC to receive your discount code.
- This course includes the book Plywood and Veneer-Based Products, 1st edition, 2016, by Richard Baldwin, The Donnell Group, Montgomery, Alabama.
- Please provide mailing address for book delivery.
This Course describes the softwood plywood and veneer based industry and how this forest-based business functions to create a profitable enterprise. Initially focusing upon the history and legacy of the industry, the course then provides pertinent knowledge which systematically explains each step in the manufacturing process. The course concludes with an explanation of how this knowledge is applied. Real world examples and how-to descriptions are recurring; and a variety of visual aids will assist the learning process.
- Industry History & Legacy
- Raw Material Yield Management
- Green Veneer Manufacturing Part 1
- Green Veneer Manufacturing- Part 2
- Veneer Drying and Preparation
- Assembly Systems and Bonding
- Downstream Value Adding Processes
- Matching the Mill to the Market
Instructor: Dick Baldwin (email@example.com)
This course is part of the Wood-Based Composite Science Short Course Series. Click here to view the whole series.