- Designed For
- Designed for technicians, managers and support personnel looking for career advancement in the wood-based composites industry.
- Always available
- Online, self-paced
- WBC members receive 25% off! Check the list of members, then contact the WBC to receive your discount code.
This course covers the manufacturing of strand-based composites (OSB and LSL) beginning in the forest and continuing through pressing as outlined below. Within each lecture, key variables that affect the quality of the intermediate product, such as a strand, as well as the finished panel product are identified and discussed. Results of scientific studies and a mill trial are presented to support conclusions.
- Initial considerations – species and wood quality
- Green end, Part 1 – trees, logs, and storage
- Green end, Part 2 – log preparation, debarking, and stranding
- Drying, screening, and conveying
- Mat forming
Instructor: William (Bill) Boehner (formerly Weyerhaeuser Company; Oregon State University; firstname.lastname@example.org)
This course is part of the Wood-Based Composite Science Short Course Series. Click here to view the whole series.
William Boehner is an courtesy faculty member at OSU.