- Designed For
- Individuals interested in entering into the web design field, Individuals interested in building and maintaining their own websites, Graphic designers, multimedia designers and marketing professionals who want to increase their expertise in the area of web design and those already working in the field who want to keep up with this rapidly changing industry.
- April 2 - May 13, 2018
- Online, Instructor-led
- $650 per course (+ $60 registration fee), $2600 certificate
- Six Weeks (5 hours per week)
- 30 hours, 3.0 Continuing Education Units
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Is a career in web design and development right for you? Access this on demand webinar and receive a list of the new career pathways and opportunities
Attractive graphics can make a web page come alive. Photo editing and enhancing adds to a website's appeal. Create and edit customized images for use in web pages, online photo albums, web blogs and more. Learn how to create image rollovers, logos, and banner ads. Explore color theory, bandwidth considerations, and intelligent image utilization. The software for this course is Adobe Photoshop, the industry standard for image editing. Students will also work with a variety of image utilities available on the web. Students must have access to Adobe Photoshop in order to complete this course.
This course is a part of the Web Design and Development Certificate, which includes:
Courses can be taken individually or in any order that fits your schedule. Learn more here.
What You'll Learn
- Use appropriate color(s) on a Website
- Create the appropriate mood for a Website
- Use appropriate graphic formats and resolutions
- Add appropriate UX design patterns on a Website
Kevin Hanegan, B.S., is the author of 4 programming books: Building State-of-the-Art Web Pages, Custom CGI Scripting with Perl, Practical Guide to Curl, and Building Solutions with the Decision Site Analytics Platform. He has worked for a variety of software companies, universities, and corporate training centers as a course developer, trainer and consultant. He currently is Vice President of Knowledge and Learning at Qlik.