- Designed For
- Individuals working in web development who want to improve their web design skills and qualifications.
- October 1 - November 11, 2018
- Online, Instructor-led
- $650 per course (+ $60 registration fee), $2600 certificate
- Six Weeks (5 hours per week)
- 30 hours, 3.0 Continuing Education Units
Ask us about Workforce Development Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Is a career in web design and development right for you? Access this on demand webinar and receive a list of the new career pathways and opportunities
Effective use of high quality graphics and images can significantly improve the way users perceive your website. Creating and formatting these images, however, requires carefully consideration and adequate training. That’s why our course is designed to give you the skills needed to develop, format and place web images and graphics effectively.
In this expert-led online course, you will examine color theory and its impact on how we perceive images and interact with websites. You will also learn advanced techniques to create image rollovers, high quality logos, effective web ads and more.
This course is part of the Web Development and Coding Certificate, which includes:
- Web Design Principles
- Web Graphics with Photoshop
- PHP and MySQL
What You'll Learn
- Use appropriate color(s) on a website.
- Create the appropriate mood for a website.
- Use appropriate graphic formats and resolutions.
- Add appropriate UX design patterns on a website.
Kevin Hanegan, B.S., is the author of 4 programming books: Building State-of-the-Art Web Pages, Custom CGI Scripting with Perl, Practical Guide to Curl, and Building Solutions with the Decision Site Analytics Platform. He has worked for a variety of software companies, universities, and corporate training centers as a course developer, trainer and consultant. He currently is Vice President of Knowledge and Learning at Qlik.