- Designed For
- Individuals working in web development who want to improve their web design skills and qualifications.
- April 8 - June 2, 2019
- Online, Instructor-led
- $650 per course (+ $60 registration fee), $2600 certificate
- Eight Weeks (4 hours per week)
- 30 hours, 3.0 Continuing Education Units
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Is a career in web design and development right for you? Access this on-demand webinar and receive a list of the new career pathways and opportunities
This course will show you how to add scripts with PHP in order to build e-commerce functionality into your website. Additionally, you will learn how to connect to a MySQL database and allow the two to communicate. After completing the course, you should have a good idea how to implement these functions to build fully interactive, commerce-capable websites.
PHP and MySQL requires an average of four hours of coursework each week, which includes weekly assignments, online readings, pre-recorded lectures and asynchronous discussions. Although there are weekly deadlines, all the coursework can be done at your own time and at your own pace. Additionally, each week the instructor will hold virtual office hours to answer student questions.
This course is part of the Web Development and Coding Certificate, which includes:
- Web Design Principles
- Web Graphics with Photoshop
- PHP and MySQL
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- How to add e-commerce capabilities to your website utilizing PHP and MySQL.
- Advanced methods for implementing blogging capabilities onto your website.
- How to connect your website to a MySQL database.
Kevin Hanegan, B.S., is the author of 4 programming books: Building State-of-the-Art Web Pages, Custom CGI Scripting with Perl, Practical Guide to Curl, and Building Solutions with the Decision Site Analytics Platform. He has worked for a variety of software companies, universities, and corporate training centers as a course developer, trainer and consultant. He currently is Vice President of Knowledge and Learning at Qlik.