- Designed For
- Individuals working in web development who want to improve their web design skills and qualifications.
- January 21 - March 24, 2019
- Online | Instructor-led
- $650 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Ten Weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 3.0 Units | 30 Hours
- Must be familiar with using computers and web browsers
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Is a career in web design and development right for you? Access this on-demand webinar and receive a list of the new career pathways and opportunities.
Website development has reached new heights with the rapid progress of new technologies, new devices and ever-evolving standards. Savvy developers recognize the need to design for users accessing websites (and web applications) on a wide array of devices and platforms, with an emphasis on mobile.
- Using HTML5 to build a cross-platform compatible web application
- Developing code with well-written semantic structure that can gain strong foothold in search engine ranking, using HTML5
- Creating websites that are compatible with older browsers, using HTML5 and CSS3
This course is part of the Web Development and Coding Certificate, which includes:
- Web Design Principles
- Web Graphics with Photoshop
- PHP and MySQL
You may take the web design courses individually and in any order that fits your schedule. However, you must complete all four courses to receive the certificate.
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Ways to optimize websites for viewing across a variety of devices.
- Best practices for formatting and utilizing images for use on web pages.
Kevin Hanegan, B.S., is the author of 4 programming books: Building State-of-the-Art Web Pages, Custom CGI Scripting with Perl, Practical Guide to Curl, and Building Solutions with the Decision Site Analytics Platform. He has worked for a variety of software companies, universities, and corporate training centers as a course developer, trainer and consultant. He currently is Vice President of Knowledge and Learning at Qlik.