- Designed For
- Professional and hobbyist gardeners, professional landscapers and retail nursery owners.
- Online, self-paced
PLEASE NOTE: Between June 30th at 11am to July 1 at 12pm we will be performing a site update, and will not be able to accept credit card payments during that time. We apologize for the inconvenience. The system will be fully functional on July 1 after 12pm.
Learn to form the right questions to systematically narrow the possible cause and effects of under performing plants and gardens. Instructor Neil Bell walks plant enthusiasts through the steps necessary to make an accurate diagnosis to cultivate a thriving plant and flora environment.
What You'll Learn
- A systematic approach to correctly diagnosing plant problems based on available symptoms and signs.
- Differentiation of environmental and cultural problems from problems caused by biotic organisms.
- Plant identification, normal plant characteristics, and population and pattern identification.
- Timeline of symptom development, affected plant anatomy and patterns on affected plant anatomy.
- Symptom progression, signs of problems vs symptoms, and signs of diseases, insects and other pests.
Neil Bell is a community horticulturist for Oregon State University Extension Service. Since 2000 he has overseen the OSU Master Gardener™ program in Marion and Polk counties and has assisted homeowners, Master Gardeners, landscapers and retail nursery owners with thousands of different plant problems.