- Designed For
- Designed for pharmacists and managers looking to develop stress management skills
- Online, self-paced
- 5 hours in length
- $100 (corporate discount pricing available)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE): 0.5 Pharmacy CE Credits
5 PDUs/ 5 PDCs
The high-stakes pharmacy workplace can generate stress for staff at all levels of the organization. This pressure can lead to ill occupational health, high rates of turnover, poor work performance and potentially fatal medication errors.
Learn stress management techniques for pharmacists with Stress Management for Pharmacists. Whether your are a pharmacist, pharmacy technician or manager, you'll gain valuable insight on how different management styles contribute to stress, what types of activities can reduce stress among employees and how to foster a positive work environment.
This online, self-paced course allows pharmacists in all professional settings to earn .5 ACPE-approved pharmacy CE credit.
What You'll Learn
- What causes stress in the workplace.
- How different people respond to pressure and stress.
- Personal tips for managing stress.
- What employees and mangers can do to manage stress in the workplace.
Ann Zweber, RPh, is a Senior Instructor in Pharmacy Practice at Oregon State University College of Pharmacy. She co-teaches the first year pharmacy practice course, which focuses on self-care therapeutics and communication skills. Since 1995, she has practiced in a variety of settings, including hospital, home health, and long term care. She currently maintains a practice in community pharmacy. Ann served on the Oregon Board of Pharmacy for 8 years and has served on several NABP committees and the Board of Benton Hospice Services. She coauthors the chapter on Heartburn and Dyspepsia in APhA’s Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs and has published articles about cultural competency and providing care to the underserved.