- Designed For
- Professionals looking to understand the development and implementation of large scale sports complex events and enter this exciting and competitive environment.
- January 7 - February 10, 2019
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- Course Textbook
- Managing Sports Facilities and Major Events
by Hans Westerbeek, Aaron Smith, Paul Turner, Paul Emery, Christine Greene and Linda van Leeuwen
- You may purchase the book directly from the publisher here.
- You can purchase the book on Amazon here.
Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Our expert-led Sports Facilities Management course provides you with an understanding of the complexity involved with managing a sport facility and the multiple events that take place within it. Over the course of five weeks, you will take a deep dive into event planning and the key management and communication skills that are required in order to effectively manage facilities.
Sports facility management encompasses a variety of different disciplines, and during this course you will learn about:
- Technical and mechanical design
- People management
- Game day operations
- Guest services
In addition to these key areas, you will also learn foundational knowledge to help you manage finances, scheduling, marketing and more as related to facilities management.
This course is a part of the Sports Management Certificate, which includes:
- Sports Facilities and Events Management
- Sports Marketing Management
- Fundraising and Capital Development Planning
- Sports Data Analytics
Oregon State University College Partnership
This program is offered in partnership with the Oregon State University College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the inner workings of sports facility management.
- Know how to present a facility and ensure a positive experience for all stakeholders.
- Understand how to design and plan for a new sports facility.
- Implement processes and policies that lead to efficient and safe event.
Director of Facilities, ESPN Los Angeles
A Sacramento native, Geremia graduated with a Film and Television Production degree from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles in 2004. Since then, Jeff has enjoyed a long and productive career at ESPN, where he has served in a wide range of roles within Event Management, Guest Services, Business Operations and Facilities Management.
From 2004 until 2014, Jeff was part of a team that planned and executed yearly multi-sport, multi-day, multi-venue, action sports events for live television. He was afforded the opportunity to work both domestically and internationally in such places as Mexico, Canada, France, Germany, and Spain and gained experience in working within existing facilities as well as temporary venues within large cities and remote locations.
Since 2014, Jeff has served as the Director of Facilities for ESPN in Los Angeles. He is responsible for managing the day-to-day facility operations of over 115,000 sq. ft. of office, production and event conference space as well as overseeing all Mechanical Operations and Workplace Services.
In addition to working in the sports industry for this entire career, Jeff is a sports fan himself, as has taken it upon himself to see have many sports facilities as he can. After high school and during college, Jeff spent two summers touring the east coast visiting everything from minor league stadiums, MLB stadiums, NFL stadiums and even every professional sport Hall of Fame locations, including Cooperstown, NY.
Jeff strives for seamless guest services experiences for all stakeholders through providing quality service, maintaining visually appealing facilities, and empowering people.