- Designed For
- Professionals who want to develop their natural leadership skills, new leaders, executive teams, individuals interested in improving their management and communication skills.
- New dates coming soon!
- On-site | Portland, OR
Food Innovation Center
1207 NW Naito Pkwy
Portland, OR 97209
- $349 (+ $60 registration fee)
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 1.0 Units | 8 Hours
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
The root cause of all successes and failures in relationships, teams, department and organizations is communication. Our social style is another way to describe how a person prefers to communicate. Which, in turn, affects how they make decisions, respond to stress and how they prefer others to communicate to them. When leaders and their teams are aware of their social style preference and can, when appropriate, adjust their style to match the preference of others, communication improves, engagement goes up, decisions are made quicker and business results are achieved faster.
In this engaging, hands-on workshop you will learn to assess your own social style and learn applicable skills to communicate with others, no matter their style. Participants may come from any functional background, industry, or country. You can expect a diverse group of peers with whom you will share personal reflections on leadership, exchange ideas, and extend your personal and professional network. With an easy to understand format, you can begin applying social agility immediately and see results!
This course is a part of the Oregon Authentic Leadership Development Retreat, which includes:
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Through the use of an on line assessment, learn your Social Style preference
- Learn how to identify the Social Style preference of others of your team
- Effective communication across all Social Styles
- Develop tools for helping others make decision and defuse conflict
- Strategies for improving your team’s morale and engagement
Dean Newlund is CEO of Mission Facilitators International, a 25-year-old boutique team-based development firm with offices in Phoenix and Bend. Dean has developed and facilitated hundreds of training programs for small to large organizations, for-profit and nonprofit, government agencies, and school systems in the US and in 19 countries. He is certified in several assessment tools has written columns and white papers, and has spoken at conferences on the topics of leadership and communication and their effect on business results.