- Designed For
- Designed for current and prospective employees in solid waste, recycling, and sustainability-centered industries, and those who wish to understand how their everyday lives impact the environment and how they can positively effect change in their communities.
- Online, self-paced
- $75 Now $50
- $35 per individual for groups of five or more, e-mail email@example.com for more info
- PLANET: 20 CEUs
- Solid Waste Association of North America: 8 CEUs
- Jefferson, Ore. School District: 15 PDUs
- Course Length
- Approximately 15 hours
Recycling 101 is an online, self-paced course created in partnership with the Association of Oregon Recyclers. You will engage with thought-provoking text and multimedia to learn how your own waste prevention choices can positively affect our planet’s natural resources.
Travel the life cycle of a recycled item and learn techniques to influence people to make the right choices at work and home through Recycling 101's dynamic videos and case studies.
Modeled after the successful Master Recycler program, this online, self-paced course trains you in waste reduction, composting and residential and commercial recycling. You'll complete this eight-part course with the tools to help you save money, resources and energy and reduce your environmental footprint.
Interested in taking the Recycling 101 Certificate, but would prefer to learn more first? The first module in the course is available for free! Click the link below to enroll for free and access the module.
What You'll Learn
- Future of garbage and recyclables after they leave your curb.
- Foundations of the solid waste management industry in Oregon.
- Effects of consumer choices on the environment, resource conservation and recycling improvement in Oregon.
- Actions that have the largest environmental impact in terms of waste reduction and commercial recycling.
- Lessons from the successful Master Recycler program.