- Designed For
- Mid-level & senior professionals and business consultants looking to stay ahead of the competition, advance in their careers, or increase their earnings potential. Individuals with no prior procurement and contracting experience are advised to enroll in the entire certificate series.
- Principles of Business Contracts
- Cost & Price Analysis of Business Contracts
- Contract Law Formation with Federal Acquisition Case Studies
- Contract Law and Performance Management
- Contracting by Negotiation
- Online | Instructor-led
- Full Certificate: $2,435 (+ $60 registration fee)
Individual Course: $487 (+ $60 registration fee, per course)
- Each course takes 5-6 weeks to complete
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 12.0 Units | 120 Hours
- Talk to the Program Manager
- Paula Matano
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
In our five-course online certificate in procurement and contracts program, you'll develop a solid understanding of the contracting process and key elements of procurement and acquisition, including contract formation, negotiation, financial analysis and risk management.
You’ll acquire the skills and expertise to:
- Utilizing new business areas such as global outsourcing, international contracting, doing business with the federal government and building strategic alliances
- Effectively develop, negotiate and manage contracts and contracting relationships
- Understand at a deeper level how to formulate and create the legal and financial aspects of contracts
- Efficiently design and modify contracts, and the ability to articulate expectations
This program is designed for those involved in any stage of the contract writing, reviewing, implementation or administration process, including:
- Those who administer contracts but have had little or no industry specific training
- Current contract administrators
- Project, facilities, materials and purchasing managers
- Supervisors and first-level managers
Coursework addresses the most up-to-date information available in the procurement and contracting fields – whether commercial, government or international.
This program is designed for individuals working in, or looking to enter, the following fields:
- Contract administrators
- Consultants, Entrepreneurs, and Subcontractors
- Engineers and Quality assurance professionals
- Government and commercial entities
- HR professionals and Procurement managers
- Paralegal professionals
- Project managers
Contracts Certificate Contracts Short Course Procurements Certificate Contract Management Training
What You'll Learn
- Gain an understanding of the contract life cycle, subcontracting, outsourcing, developing strategic alliances, negotiation, financial analysis, and implementation
- Explore the components and processes of commercial and government contracting
- Expand your awareness of legal issues regarding contract design and management
- Understand key aspects of the purchasing and procurement process
- Implement details that shape the contracting process for goods and services
- Utilize negotiation frameworks and tools
- Understand and explain the foundational competencies and subject matter competencies of the National Contract Management Association's (NCMA) Contract Management Body of Knowledge (CMBOK), 4th Edition
Brian P. Gatus is Principal Manager of Supply Chain Management for Edison Material Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern California Edison (SCE). He is responsible for leading a team of professionals in delivering effective procurement (sourcing, contracts & negotiations) and category spend management solutions for SCE's business enterprise supply chain. Mr. Gatus has a proven track record of success in leveraging spend, optimizing procurement controls, minimizing risk and improving product quality. With over 18 years of public and private sector experience, his areas of expertise include sourcing of various IT/OT hardware and software, complex contract negotiations, logistics, and execution of business process improvements. Mr. Gatus is recognized by the National Contract Management Association as a Certified Professional Contracts Manager and by the Institute of Supply Management as a Certified Professional in Supply Management. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and an undergraduate degree in Business Information Systems.