- Designed For
- Professionals who want to advance in their career and maximize the financial performance of their organization. Individuals with no procurement and contracting experience are advised to take the entire certificate series.
- Contract Law Performance
January 8 - February 18, 2018
- Contract Negotation
March 5 - April 15, 2018
- Business Contracts
May 7 - June 17, 2018
- Contract Finance & Funding
June 25 - August 5, 2018
- Government Contracting
August 13 - September 23, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- Full Certificate: $2,435
- Individual Course: $487 (+ $60 registration fee, per course)
- Each course takes six weeks to complete
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- Entire certificate can be completed in ten months
- 12.0 Units | 120 Hours
Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Procurement and contracts form the basis for business in a contemporary workplace. As organizations and businesses work together, agreements must be met to ensure that everyone's interests are served and protected. These documents often feel arcane and overly-complicated, however, and it can be difficult to engage with these documents effectively. That's why our Procurement and Contract Management Certificate is designed to give you a strong foundation in the essentials of contract management in a variety of areas so you have the knowledge needed to manage contracts more effectively.
In our five-course online certificate, you will learn how to navigate core areas of contracts, including contract formation, negotiation, financial analysis and risk management. You’ll also acquire the skills and expertise to:
- Take advantage of larger markets such as global outsourcing and international contracts
- Build critical partnerships in order to write, negotiate and oversee contracts and contract relationships
- Develop intricate necessary details for legal and financial aspects of contracts
No matter what stage of the contracting process you're in, this certificate can help you effectively manage these essential components. Those who administer contracts but have little industry training will gain a newfound sense of knowledge and authority. Supervisors, managers and current contract administrators will learn about the contracting process and advance their skillset. And everyone will benefit from the comprehensive coursework that covers cutting-edge details around commercial, government and international contracts.
This program is designed for individuals working in, or looking to enter, the following fields:
- Contract administrators
- Consultants, Entrepreneurs, and Subcontractors
- Engineers and Quality assurance professionals
- Government and commercial entities
- HR professionals and Procurement managers
- Paralegal professionals
- Project managers
Brian P. Gatus is Principal Manager of Supply Chain Management for Edison Material Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern California Edison (SCE). He is responsible for leading a team of professionals in delivering effective procurement (sourcing, contracts & negotiations) and category spend management solutions for SCE's business enterprise supply chain. Mr. Gatus has a proven track record of success in leveraging spend, optimizing procurement controls, minimizing risk and improving product quality. With over 18 years of public and private sector experience, his areas of expertise include sourcing of various IT/OT hardware and software, complex contract negotiations, logistics, and execution of business process improvements. Mr. Gatus is recognized by the National Contract Management Association as a Certified Professional Contracts Manager and by the Institute of Supply Management as a Certified Professional in Supply Management. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and an undergraduate degree in Business Information Systems.