- Designed For
- Professionals who want to maximize the financial performance of their organization, improve their contracting process and advance in their career. Individuals with no procurement and contracting experience are advised to take the entire certificate series.
- August 13 - September 23, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Six weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.4 Units │ 24 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Model Contract Terms and Conditions with Annotations and Case Summaries
X.Paul Humbert (Author) & Robert Mastice (Contributor)
Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Government contracting involves a level of detail above and beyond many other areas, and it's critical to effectively manage the various components of these documents and relationships. This course will give you the knowledge needed to successfully manage this area as you learn about requirements for stakeholders involved with the contract and how you can negotiate with these various members.
You'll also cover applicable common law, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and other local, state and federal laws.
In this six-week online course, you will investigate case studies in order to understand the basic principles of law that affect government contracting and the ethical considerations this entails. You'll also cover the changes made by FASA, FARA and ITMRA and the impact that has on government contracting.
This course is a part of the Procurement & Contract Management Certificate which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Laws and principles that relate to government contracting
- Understanding of changes within FASA, FARA, and ITMRA
- Define and understand business requirements and practices, and learn how to mitigate risk
Brian P. Gatus is Principal Manager of Supply Chain Management for Edison Material Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern California Edison (SCE). He is responsible for leading a team of professionals in delivering effective procurement (sourcing, contracts & negotiations) and category spend management solutions for SCE's business enterprise supply chain. Mr. Gatus has a proven track record of success in leveraging spend, optimizing procurement controls, minimizing risk and improving product quality. With over 18 years of public and private sector experience, his areas of expertise include sourcing of various IT/OT hardware and software, complex contract negotiations, logistics, and execution of business process improvements. Mr. Gatus is recognized by the National Contract Management Association as a Certified Professional Contracts Manager and by the Institute of Supply Management as a Certified Professional in Supply Management. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and an undergraduate degree in Business Information Systems.