- Designed For
- Professionals who want to maximize the financial performance of their organization, improve their contracting process and advance in their career. Individuals with no procurement and contracting experience are advised to take the entire certificate series.
- March 5 – April 15, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Six weeks Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.4 Units │ 24 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Contract Negotiations Skills, Tools, and Best Practices
G. Garrett, 2nd Ed
- Optional Textbook
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating without giving in
R. Fisher & W. Ury
Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Negotiation is a huge part of managing contracts, and it's critical to approach these situations mindfully and with careful consideration. Our Contract Negotiation course offers you the ideal opportunity to build essential communication skills and practice negotiations. You will also have an opportunity to study real-world examples and consider the nuanced aspects of these documents.
In this course, you'll navigate a variety of contracts from both the buyer and seller's perspective in order to identify negotiation styles and create effective deals for all parties involved. By building relationships in the contract negotiation process, you will ensure that your communication is productive and serves the needs of all stakeholders involved.
This course is a part of the Procurement & Contract Management Certificate which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Contracting review processes
- Contract planning and negotiation
- Metrics for a successful performance-based contract
- Tools and techniques to understand negotiation styles
Brian P. Gatus is Principal Manager of Supply Chain Management for Edison Material Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern California Edison (SCE). He is responsible for leading a team of professionals in delivering effective procurement (sourcing, contracts & negotiations) and category spend management solutions for SCE's business enterprise supply chain. Mr. Gatus has a proven track record of success in leveraging spend, optimizing procurement controls, minimizing risk and improving product quality. With over 18 years of public and private sector experience, his areas of expertise include sourcing of various IT/OT hardware and software, complex contract negotiations, logistics, and execution of business process improvements. Mr. Gatus is recognized by the National Contract Management Association as a Certified Professional Contracts Manager and by the Institute of Supply Management as a Certified Professional in Supply Management. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and an undergraduate degree in Business Information Systems.