- Designed For
- Professionals who want to maximize the financial performance of their organization, improve their contracting process and advance in their career. Individuals with no procurement and contracting experience are advised to take the entire certificate series.
- April 15 - May 19, 2019
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Six weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.4 Units | 24 Hours
- Required Textbook
- The Essentials of Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
E. Fields, 3rd Ed
- Guide to Contract Pricing,
J. E Murphy, 5th Ed
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Strong procurement and contract management depends on effective negotiation of finance and funding. This means that you need to evaluate the capacities of contract partners, as well as their ability to meet the demands of your agreements. This course will help you build the skills to successfully navigate these areas through use of common documents.
In this six-week online course, you will learn about commonly used accounting systems, streamlined budgeting practices and reporting practices utilized in industry in order to increase profits through productive framing.
This course is a part of the Procurement & Contract Management Certificate which includes:
- Business Contracts
- Contract Finance and Funding
- Government Contracting
- Contract Law Performance
- Contract Negotiation
Oregon State University College Partnership
This program is offered in partnership with the Oregon State University College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Determine the costs for each contract
- Understand how a business functions financially
- How to reduce costs and improve performance in your company
Brian J. Gatus, MBA, CPCM, CPSM
Brian J. Gatus, MBA, CPCM, CPSM, is a senior manager for acquisition planning and procurement stewardship at Southern California Edison. He has a proven track record of success in leveraging spend, optimizing cost controls, minimizing risk and improving product quality by delivering proactive Supply & Contract Management solutions. With over 14 years of public and private sector experience, his areas of expertise include procurement, contracts development and administration, and business process improvement.