- Designed For
- Professionals who want to maximize the financial performance of their organization, improve their contracting process and advance in their career. Individuals with no procurement and contracting experience are advised to take the entire certificate series.
- Online | Instructor-led
- Six weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.4 Units | 24 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Wold Class Contracting, G. Garrett, 6th ed (ISBN-13: 978-0808042402, Wolters Kluwer)
- Recommended Textbook
- Contract Management Body of Knowledge, M. Rumbaugh, 4th Ed (ISBN: 9780970089779) -
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Business contracts are a daily part of business and the work that gets done. These documents dictate much of the work we do and ensure that everyone's interests are protected. This course helps you develop your knowledge and skills for business contracts and the multiple ways you interact with them.
In this six-week online course, you'll gain a new understanding of business contract essentials and learn how to effectively manage relationships with outside entities through effective use of contracts. You will also gain an inside-view of the contracting process as you build fundamental knowledge necessary to effectively manage business contracts.
This course is a part of the Procurement & Contract Management Certificate which includes:
- Business Contracts
- Contract Finance and Funding
- Government Contracting
- Contract Law Performance
- Contract Negotiation
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the basic differences between contract types
- Mitigate risk in a contractual environment
- Explore the key distinctions between commercial, government and international contracting process.
Brian P. Gatus is Principal Manager of Supply Chain Management for Edison Material Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern California Edison (SCE). He is responsible for leading a team of professionals in delivering effective procurement (sourcing, contracts & negotiations) and category spend management solutions for SCE's business enterprise supply chain. Mr. Gatus has a proven track record of success in leveraging spend, optimizing procurement controls, minimizing risk and improving product quality. With over 18 years of public and private sector experience, his areas of expertise include sourcing of various IT/OT hardware and software, complex contract negotiations, logistics, and execution of business process improvements. Mr. Gatus is recognized by the National Contract Management Association as a Certified Professional Contracts Manager and by the Institute of Supply Management as a Certified Professional in Supply Management. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and an undergraduate degree in Business Information Systems.