- Designed For
- Professionals looking to stay ahead of the competition, advance in their careers, or increase their earnings potential. Individuals with no prior procurement and contracting experience are advised to enroll in course.
- May 7 - June 17, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Six weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.4 Units | 24 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Wold Class Contracting, G. Garrett, 6th ed (ISBN-13: 978-0808042402, Wolters Kluwer)
- Recommended Textbook
- Contract Management Body of Knowledge, M. Rumbaugh, 4th Ed (ISBN: 9780970089779) -
- Talk to the Program Manager
- Paula Matano
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Gain an overview of the fundamentals of contract management from the development of acquisition requirements, solicitation/proposal, negotiation, contract formation, contract performance, and contract closeout.
Learn the basics of what it takes to solicit, procure, negotiate and administer contracts and subcontracts while gaining a broad understanding of business principles to establish long-term relationships with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. Explore an insider’s view of the roles and responsibilities of contract administrators and the various interfaces with program management and other internal disciplines.
This course is part of the Procurements & Contract Management Certificate, which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Identify the basic differences between contract types
- Mitigate risk in a contractual environment
- Explore the key distinctions between commercial, government and international contracting process.
Brian P. Gatus is Principal Manager of Supply Chain Management for Edison Material Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern California Edison (SCE). He is responsible for leading a team of professionals in delivering effective procurement (sourcing, contracts & negotiations) and category spend management solutions for SCE's business enterprise supply chain. Mr. Gatus has a proven track record of success in leveraging spend, optimizing procurement controls, minimizing risk and improving product quality. With over 18 years of public and private sector experience, his areas of expertise include sourcing of various IT/OT hardware and software, complex contract negotiations, logistics, and execution of business process improvements. Mr. Gatus is recognized by the National Contract Management Association as a Certified Professional Contracts Manager and by the Institute of Supply Management as a Certified Professional in Supply Management. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and an undergraduate degree in Business Information Systems.