- Designed For
- Professionals who want to learn how predictive analytics can help their business gain. competitive edge and advance their career with newfound skills.
- January 8 - March 4, 2018
- 100% Online
- 8 weeks, 5 hours per week
- 4 CEUs / 40 hours
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
As companies try to better understand their customers, there is a clear need to make decision and pursue opportunities based on hard data. This Predictive Analytics course gives you the opportunity to start building data analysis skills, and take your career to the next level.
Our predictive analytics program shows you how to analyze current data and make predictions about the future, using techniques and tools such as:
- Data mining
- Prescriptive Statistics and Modeling
- Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence
Oregon State University Instructors Make a Difference
Our Predictive Analytics course is taught by Kevin Hanegan, B.S., who is the author of four programming books and has worked for a variety of software companies, universities, and corporate training centers as a course developer, trainer and consultant. He currently is Vice President of Knowledge and Learning at Qlik and has been teaching online for years, so his classes are interactive and have been scored highly from graduates.
What You'll Learn
- Forecast time series data
- Predict one variable's future values based off past values
- Understand various use cases in business for predictive analytics
Kevin Hanegan, B.S., is the author of 4 programming books: Building State-of-the-Art Web Pages, Custom CGI Scripting with Perl, Practical Guide to Curl, and Building Solutions with the Decision Site Analytics Platform. He has worked for a variety of software companies, universities, and corporate training centers as a course developer, trainer and consultant. He currently is Vice President of Knowledge and Learning at Qlik.