- Designed For
- This program is intended for professionals who are using or wish to use predictive analytics to optimize business performance at a variety of levels in a wide range of industries. The Predictive Analytics program is often the logical next step for professional growth for those in business analysis, web analytics, marketing, business intelligence, data warehousing, and data mining. The program is open to working adults within a wide range of professional backgrounds.
- August 21 - October 15, 2017
- 100% Online
- 8 weeks, 5 hours per week
- 4 CEUs / 40 hours
The Big Data revolution is upon us and our lifestyles will be hugely influenced by real-time customer data and predictive analytics.
As companies try to understand its customers to identify potential risks and opportunities, there is a booming demand to learn predictive modeling and combine technical and analytical skills to meet the growing need.
Predictive Analytics Training
Predictive analytics training can show how to utilize predictive analysis to analyze current data and make predictions about the future:
- Data mining
- Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence
Business analytics can be applied to many fields of interest, from resource operations engineering, asset management and productivity, and finance and investment, to actuarial science and health economics. The importance of predictive analytics is considerable in areas where there are new disruptive technologies.
Predictive Analytics Course
This Predictive Analytics course gives you the opportunity to start building these skills, and take your career to the next level.
You'll learn the essentials of predictive data analytics and concepts of data analysis, computing and visualization, and find out how these concepts can be used to predict future scenarios. You'll also gain a fundamental understanding of the art and science of Predictive Analytics as it relates to improving business performance.
This hands-on course will cover the key concepts necessary to extract stored data elements, understand what they mean from a business point of view, and transform their formats and derive new relationships among them to produce a dataset suitable for analytical modeling.
At the end of this predictive analytics training online, you will be able to use these skills to produce a fully processed data set compatible for building powerful predictive models that can be deployed to increase profitability.
Learn Predictive Modeling
Our predictive analytics courses are taught by Kevin Hanegan, B.S., is the author of 4 programming books, has worked for a variety of software companies, universities, and corporate training centers as a course developer, trainer and consultant. He currently is Vice President of Knowledge and Learning at Qlik and has been teaching online for years, so his classes are interactive and have been scored highly from graduates.
Kevin also teaches data analytics training, which dives deeper into application and using big data for forecasting.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the art and science of predictive analytics to define clear actions that result in improved decisions and business results
- Develop actionable plans from existing data and initiatives to increase sales, reduce marketing costs, and improve customer retention
- Select, prepare, construct, integrate, structure, and format data to be most effective to ensure the predictive model meets the business goals
- Learn how to suppress who are customers least likely to respond to direct marketing campaigns
- Define appropriate business goals for a predictive analytics implementation in the “language” of a specific industry or business
- Optimize product development, manufacturing, testing, and maintenance
- Understand the use and assist in the selection of industry standard analytics tools
- Integrate powerful and traditionally untapped sources of information including social data, unstructured text and Big Data sets
- Manage fraud by scoring and ranking data collected from interaction with customers
Kevin Hanegan, B.S., is the author of 4 programming books: Building State-of-the-Art Web Pages, Custom CGI Scripting with Perl, Practical Guide to Curl, and Building Solutions with the Decision Site Analytics Platform. He has worked for a variety of software companies, universities, and corporate training centers as a course developer, trainer and consultant. He currently is Vice President of Knowledge and Learning at Qlik.