- Designed For
- A course for professional and hobbyist gardeners, professional landscapers and retail nursery owners
- Online, instructor-led
- Landscape Contractors Board: 4.0 CEHs (Technical)
- National Association of Landscape Professionals: 40 CEU hours
- Course Length
- 10 Weeks
Gardeners, landscapers and nursery owners encounter plant problems on a regular basis. Yet the process behind diagnosing and correcting these problems – caused by diseases, insects, pests and more – can be a mystery.
Develop your skills in diagnosing plant problems with this self-paced online course, where you'll learn a systematic process to determine and correct various gardening diseases. You'll discover different cultural and environmental causes of plant disease, ways that insects and pests lead to plant problems and techniques to mitigate disease. Regardless of the landscape plants you work with, this course will give you a framework to identify the issue and ways to solve plant problems. Earn valuable continuing education units from PLANET and the Oregon Landscape Contractors Board.
What You'll Learn
- The cultural and environmental causes of plant diseases.
- Pest management in residential, commercial and nursery settings.
- A systematic process to determine plant problems.
- Ways to solve, correct and prevent disease in landscape plants.
Neil Bell is a community horticulturist for Oregon State University Extension Service. Since 2000 he has overseen the OSU Master Gardener™ program in Marion and Polk counties and has assisted homeowners, Master Gardeners, landscapers and retail nursery owners with thousands of different plant problems.