- Designed For
- A course for professional and hobbyist gardeners, professional landscapers and retail nursery owners.
- Online, self-paced
Are you a garden friend or foe?
From deer to slugs, there are many threats stopping your garden, landscape or agricultural crop from thriving. Using clues from the systematic approach to plant problems, identify the probable culprits of your plant woes and learn how to correct or recommend solutions.
What You'll Learn
- A systematic approach to correctly diagnosing plant problems based on available symptoms and signs.
- Differentiation of environmental and cultural problems from those caused by biotic organisms.
- Symptoms and signs of vertebrate and miscellaneous pests, problem identification and solution recommendation.
- Symptoms and signs of insect and mite pests, problem identification and solution recommendation.
Neil Bell is a community horticulturist for Oregon State University Extension Service. Since 2000 he has overseen the OSU Master Gardener™ program in Marion and Polk counties and has assisted homeowners, Master Gardeners, landscapers and retail nursery owners with thousands of different plant problems.