- Designed For
- Professionals who want to develop their natural leadership skills, new leaders, executive teams, individuals interested in improving their management and communication skills.
- Social Agility
October 31, 2018
- Coaching Skills for Leaders
November 1, 2018
- Authentic Leadership
November 2, 2018
- On-site | Portland, OR
Food Innovation Center
1207 NW Naito Pkwy
Portland, OR 97209
- Full Certificate: $1,047 (+ $60 registration fee)
$120 savings for full workshop!
- Individual Course: $349 (+ $60 registration fee, per course)
- Three days
- 3.0 Units | 24 Hours
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Authentic Leadership Training in Oregon
Authentic leadership builds on your strengths and enables you to lead in a natural way that reflects your personality. We often look outside for leadership inspiration, but it's also important to consider our core values and what we find important. These three individual stand-alone courses will help you look inward as you develop effective techniques to lead with authenticity.
By the end of this leadership development program, you will understand on a deep and personal level the skills needed to successfully lead in today's continually evolving workplace.
Developing Leadership Skills
Each one-day workshop in Portland, Oregon focuses on a specific area to develop your leadership skills:
In each of these workshops, you will work closely with leadership expert Dean Newlund. Dean learned how to become a successful leader out of necessity and has trained countless managers with multinational companies like Microsoft, Marriott, American Express and Eddie Bauer. He is currently the CEO of Mission Facilitators International, a consulting firm that specializes in leadership development.
Leadership Coaching to Help You Succeed
During each engaging workshop, Dean will help you:
- Identify your core values and how they can help you lead
- Develop effective communication techniques
- Create strategies for engaging and energizing your team
- Avoid derailing behaviors
- Expand your professional network
Each of these skills will help you develop your authentic leadership skills to advance your career and improve your organization.
Leadership Training for You and Your Team
No matter where you're at in your organization, these leadership training courses can help you succeed. As a whole, this intensive training program is designed to help you:
- Navigate change and tension within your organization
- Avoid habitual reactions and apply awareness and competence to issues in your workplace
- Take ownership of your personal experience
- Determine the appropriate action for any situation
To get a deeper understanding of Dean and his philosophy, please check out this interview we conducted with Dean on his authentic leadership training.
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Learn how to identify your Social Style preference and that of others on your team
- Effective communication across all Social Styles
- Understand the difference between managing and coaching and when to use both
- Learn how to coach on the spot
- Manage stress and conflict
- Build resiliency during times of change
In this series
Dean Newlund is CEO of Mission Facilitators International, a 25-year-old boutique team-based development firm with offices in Phoenix and Bend. Dean has developed and facilitated hundreds of training programs for small to large organizations, for-profit and nonprofit, government agencies, and school systems in the US and in 19 countries. He is certified in several assessment tools has written columns and white papers, and has spoken at conferences on the topics of leadership and communication and their effect on business results.