- Designed For
- Professionals who are working in the nonprofit sector or are looking to begin their own nonprofit. This certificate is an introduction and overview of the nonprofit world intended to give you an understanding of the intricacies of managing a nonprofit.
- September 24 - October 28, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Click here to view our FREE on-demand webinar on "Finding Success in Nonprofit Management."
Although focusing on the service you provide is vital to running a successful nonprofit, it is also important to tell that story to your community, potential donors and those you serve. Effective marketing materials craft a narrative about your nonprofit and accurately present the important work of your organization. This course will help you reach your audience and effectively engage them with your organization.
In this course, you will analyze various methods and avenues for nonprofit marketing, including paid advertising, social media sharing, web content and more. You will also create a comprehensive marketing plan that incorporates these multiple methods for the nonprofit of your choice.
Apply Your Marketing Skills to a Real Nonprofit
As part of the final project in this course, you will have an opportunity to apply your newfound knowledge and create priority marketing elements for an existing or imagined nonprofit. These elements may include, among other things:
- A name, logo and tagline for your organization
- An effective brand identity and website for your chosen nonprofit
- Social media pages and content
- A Google AdWords campaign and paid advertising plan
- Newsletters, press releases and letters to the editor
You can produce these materials for a nonprofit you currently work for, one you hope to start or an organization where you would like to one day work.
Other Courses in Nonprofit Management Certificate
Other courses in this series include:
What You'll Learn
- Define and differentiate between the various mediums for nonprofit marketing.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of various nonprofit marketing mediums.
- Create and/or implement nonprofit marketing elements.
- Create a comprehensive marketing plan that is tailored to the nonprofit of your choice.
Sally Sorte, M.A., M.P.A., is the founder of Academy 360, a public charter school 501(c)(3) in Denver, CO. Sally served as Executive Director for six years and has recently transitioned to an Executive Consultant role for the school with a focus on finance and governance. Prior to this experience, Sally worked in education at Teach for America and business at Google. She is currently a guest lecturer in Social Entrepreneurship at CU Boulder and Colorado College, a writer for RealClearLife.com and a facilitator for New Politic's Answer the Call leadership program.