- Designed For
- Professionals who are working in the nonprofit sector or are looking to begin their own nonprofit. This certificate is an introduction and overview of the nonprofit world intended to give you an understanding of the intricacies of managing a nonprofit.
- Online | Instructor-led
- Six weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Nonprofit Management 101
Daniel Rodriguez Heyman
Available online as a book download or via Amazon Prime
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Click here to view our FREE on-demand webinar on "Finding Success in Nonprofit Management."
Revenue generation is essential to the fiscal health and long-term viability of nonprofit organizations. For those managing nonprofits, it's a delicate balance between time spent creating revenue streams and time spent actively carrying out the mission of the organization. When thinking about your organization overall, it's necessary to ensure that both of these areas align and that the organization's values also shine through at all levels.
Apply Fundraising Efforts to Your Nonprofit of Choice
This course dives into fundraising and donor development for nonprofits and gives you the skills needed to navigate this complicated terrain. After this course, you will have a deeper understanding of fundraising and donor development strategies, making you well-equipped to fundraise as a nonprofit leader.
Throughout this course, you will be able to apply the assignments to your current role in a nonprofit organization, an imagined new nonprofit or an existing nonprofit that you hope to work for in the future.
Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and analyze various approaches to fundraising
- Define the fundraising roles of various stakeholders in your organization, including board, staff, volunteers, etc.
- Complete the grant identification process and practice the grant writing process
You will also have an opportunity to analyze fundraising and donor development strategies of existing successful nonprofits. You will finish the course by identifying and creating a fundraising and donor development strategy for the nonprofit of your choice.
Other Courses in Nonprofit Management Certificate
Other courses in this series include:
- Managing Nonprofits
- Financial Management and Planning for Nonprofits
- Fundraising and Donor Development
- Marketing in Nonprofits
- Board Management and Governance
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Identify and analyze the varied approaches to fundraising
- Define the fundraising roles in their nonprofit organization (board, staff, etc)
- Define the grant identification process and practice the grant writing process
- Analyze the fundraising and donor development strategies of existing successful nonprofits
- Identify & create a fundraising and donor development strategy for a nonprofit of their choice
Sally Sorte, M.A., M.P.A., is the founder of Academy 360, a public charter school 501(c)(3) in Denver, CO. Sally served as Executive Director for six years and has recently transitioned to an Executive Consultant role for the school with a focus on finance and governance. Prior to this experience, Sally worked in education at Teach for America and business at Google. She is currently a guest lecturer in Social Entrepreneurship at CU Boulder and Colorado College, a writer for RealClearLife.com and a facilitator for New Politic's Answer the Call leadership program.