- Designed For
- A course for those interested in healthy aging techniques
- Online, self-paced
- Course Length
- Approximately five hours to complete
- Adult Foster Home (AFH) providers with the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS): 0.5 CEUs
- Nursing Home Advisory Board (NHAB) with the Oregon Health Licensing Agency (OHLA): 0.5 CEUs
- Oregon Board of Pharmacy: 0.5 CEUs
Ask us about Workforce Development Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
While aging is inevitable, we can all take steps to prepare ourselves, loved ones and patients for optimum health in later years.
Learn healthy aging tips and ways to care for the elderly with Mastery of Aging Well. Available as an online course or a DVD, the course helps participants to understand health issues that might arise in later life, implement strategies to handle age-related problems and learn how to exercise and improve diet in later life.
Healthcare professionals can earn continuing education credit through the Oregon Department of Human Services, the Oregon Health Licensing Agency and the Oregon Board of Pharmacy.
What You'll Learn
- The dynamics of caring for the elderly by learning what issues may arise later in life.
- Dietary advice for healthy aging.
- How to exercise later in life.
Sharon Johnson is an experienced teacher and administrator with a master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling and a certificate in gerontology. She has done postgraduate work at the University of Washington and Cornell University.
Sharon was the deputy director and interim director of public health for the city of Seattle/King County, Washington and the director of mental health for the state of Washington. Her current faculty position at Oregon State University emphasizes teaching and applied research in the areas of family and community health with an emphasis on aging-related issues.