- Designed For
- A course for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians interested in developing sound management and human resource skills
- Online, self-paced
- $350 (corporate discount pricing available)
- Course Length
- Approximately 18 hours. Participants have six months from date of first login to complete course.
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE): 1.8 Pharmacy CE Credits
18 PDUs/ 18 PDCs
Today's pharmacist works in a fast-paced health care environment, requiring leaders with sound management and human resource skills.
Pharmacists seeking pharmacy manager training will learn valuable lessons about managing others in the pharmacy environment with this online, self-paced pharmacy continuing education course. Grounded in research-based instruction, participants will benefit from improved critical management skills, optimized teamwork and decreased risk and cost of turnover. Participants can also earn 1.8 ACPE-approved pharmacy CEcredits for completing this pharmacy manager training course.
What You'll Learn
- How to motivate and coach employees in a pharmacy setting.
- Pharmacy management training through practical tools and case studies.
- Laws and regulations involving human resources.
- How to work as a team, handle conflict and manage employee performance.
Michele Swift, assistant professor in Management at OSU, received her doctorate from the University of Colorado at Boulder. Michele's experience includes ten years in various HR positions where she was responsible for staffing, benefits, payroll, workers' compensation and employee relations, and five years as an HR systems consultant, developing and implementing HR self-service applications. She is an active member of the Society for Human Resource Management, the Academy of Management and INFORMS.
Having grown my own pharmacy business from six employees to about 75, you can only imagine the challenges I discovered and worked through. I was totally impressed with the content…I often identified with the case studies you presented in harmony with the lectures… I realized how valuable all of the information and skills would have been to me if I had them over the years.
Training to manage people is the biggest piece missing for managers in our profession. The OSU Pharmacy Management & HR Skills is an outstanding course in human resource management. I think it should be required by employers for their managers. It would be the best investment pharmacy employers could ever make.