- Designed For
- Current educators looking to move their materials online. Individuals already knowledgeable in e-learning wanting to further develop and refine their skills. Informal educators working in museums, zoos or the outdoors who want to build digital learning environments. Graphic designers looking to move into the education field and apply their skills in this area.
- New Dates Coming Soon!
- $435 (+$60 registration fee)
- Six weeks
- 3.6 CEUs
- 36 PDUs
Gain the foundational understanding of human computer interaction and user experience design through applying design thinking methods and learning the skills involved in designing interactive systems for diverse audiences and purposes.
You will be introduced to different types of prototyping methods as well as how cognition and perception play a critical role in affecting the experience of interaction design. We will carry out the UX design process to design experiences for all users by using appropriate standards of accessibility and implement a user-centric approach that maximize the overall user experience.
The UX/UI course will include lectures, reading, discussions, and practical experience working through a design problem of your choice.
UX Design Course
During this six-week user experience and interface online course, you will:
- Identify key design principles that form the basis of a user’s experience of a product or service
- Design experiences for all users by drawing from cognitive processes that underlie human-computer interaction
- Analyze factors that influence the design of user input and feedback in interactive systems
- Create and evaluate low fidelity prototypes
- Evaluate user experience using numbers and statistics
This online UX/UI course is part of our Learning Experience Design Certificate. The entire series includes:
Johanna WoodJohanna Wood is passionate about using user experience design to better contextualize and analysis the human needs within an experience. She has consulted as a UX design researcher for both public and private businesses to deliver measurable insights about user audiences and their experiences. She enjoys working collaboratively with other specialists to ensure that every project takes a human-centered approach that aligns with a design criteria and client needs. She has years of practice designing and instructing educational programs and uses effective storytelling and communication to share information about interaction design. She holds a B.A in Environmental Design and is currently pursuing her academic career in computer and data science.