- Designed For
- Individuals looking to develop or advance their online course offerings.
- February 25 - April 7, 2019
- $435 (+$60 registration fee)
- Six weeks
- 3.6 CEUs
- 36 PDUs
Gain the foundational understanding of human computer interaction and user experience design through applying design thinking methods and learning the skills involved in designing interactive systems for diverse audiences and purposes. You will be introduced to different types of prototyping methods as well as cognition and perception play a critical role in affecting the experience of interaction design. We will carry out the design process to design experiences for all users by using appropriate standards of accessibility and implement a user-centric approach that maximize the overall user experience. The course will include lectures, reading, discussions, and practical experience working through a design problem of your choice.
During this six-week online course, you will:
- Identify key design principles that form the basis of a user’s experience of a product or service
- Design experiences for all users by drawing from cognitive processes that underlie human-computer interaction
- Analyze factors that influence the design of user input and feedback in interactive systems
- Create and evaluate low fidelity prototypes
- Evaluate user experience using numbers and statistics
This course is part of our Learning Experience Design Certificate. The entire series includes: