- Designed For
- Current educators looking to move their materials online. Individuals already knowledgeable in e-learning wanting to further develop and refine their skills. Informal educators working in museums, zoos or the outdoors who want to build digital learning environments. Graphic designers looking to move into the education field and apply their skills in this area.
- November 4 - December 15, 2019
- $435 (+$60, registration fee)
- Six weeks
- 3.6 CEUs
- 36 PDUs
- Elements of Learning Experience Design
- UX/UI for Experience Design
- Lifelong Learning Engagement Strategies
- Advanced Tools and E-Learning Trends
It's all about making connections. This culminating capstone experience will allow you to apply what you have learned throughout the program to a meaningful project that addresses authentic needs within your workplace or place of internship. You will have an opportunity to showcase competencies that are universally desired by LXD-UXD employers. The evidences created through this practicum will undoubtedly contribute to an impressive portfolio.
After finishing this practicum, you will be able to:
- Design a learning experience course project that seeks to identify and address stakeholder and learner needs
- Utilize and apply “process” activities, online tools, instructional theories, principles, strategies, techniques, skills and LXD best practices
- Design learning experience outcomes, objectives, activities and assessments that are aligned
- Evaluate, reflect on and make improvements to the Learning Experience course project prior to its implementation
- Implement methods of continual improvement
Students must complete the other Learning Experience Design (LXD) courses before taking the LXD Practicum.
This course is part of our Learning Experience Design Certificate. The entire series includes:
Lynne Hindman, Ph.D.
Dr. Lynne Hindman is an educator and resourceful lifelong learner who values partnerships, teamwork, and building bridges across organizations. Certified PreK-12 school principal, tenured teacher, college administrator, university instructor, researcher, and community educator. Lynne has a Masters in Educational Leadership; Specialist in Ed. Administration; and a PhD in Adult & Higher Education with a specialty in Community College Leadership.