- Designed For
- Current educators looking to move their materials online. Individuals already knowledgeable in e-learning wanting to further develop and refine their skills. Informal educators working in museums, zoos or the outdoors who want to build digital learning environments. Graphic designers looking to move into the education field and apply their skills in this area.
- July 22- September 1, 2019
- $435 (+$60 registration fee)
- Six weeks
- 3.6 CEUs
- 36 PDUs
Effective Learning Experience Designers (LXDs) respect and capitalize on the knowledge that each participant brings to the table. They know how to assess learner needs and then build modules to target those areas. They understand that when learners create and drive their own learning experiences, they are more likely to engage in the process and apply the concepts presented.
As a developing LXD, this course will prepare you to serve as a facilitator of knowledge creation. You will gain a toolkit of pedagogical and andragogical principles and practices that will invite learners to “play, pull, create and explore” to satisfy individual’s learning needs.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Apply best practices for conducting needs assessments
- Understand learning experience pedagogy for Early Childhood Ed (ECE), K-20 and 20+ age groups
- Understand and apply “play, pull, create and explore” methods
- Understand and apply engagement strategies for f-2-f, hybrid and fully online venues
This course is part of our Learning Experience Design Certificate. The entire series includes:
Lynne Hindman, Ph.D.
Dr. Lynne Hindman is an educator and resourceful lifelong learner who values partnerships, teamwork, and building bridges across organizations. Certified PreK-12 school principal, tenured teacher, college administrator, university instructor, researcher, and community educator. Lynne has a Masters in Educational Leadership; Specialist in Ed. Administration; and a PhD in Adult & Higher Education with a specialty in Community College Leadership.