- Designed For
- Professionals who want to contribute to high impact projects by applying Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies to real-world scenarios.
- October 8 - November 11, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five Weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- 20 PDUs with SHRM®
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Get a sneak peek into OSU's Lean Six Sigma training essentials and how it can help your career advancement. Access it now!
Lean Six Sigma Project Application is all about applying the lean concepts, tools, and analysis from our previous four Lean Six Sigma courses. You learned about Six Sigma Lean hierarchies, value drivers, team leadership, stakeholder analysis, process waste, inventory cycle times, data analysis and much more. Now it's time to take what you've learned into the real world.
Over the course of five weeks, our Lean Six Sigma Project Application allows you to apply Lean tools and techniques to improve quality, reduce cost and increase efficiency. Through the use of real-world case studies, you will work with a team to create a project charter, develop an implementation plan, calculate ROI, perform a stakeholder analysis, analyze data, devellop work breakdown structures and eliminate waste.
Upon completion of this practicum course, you will be able to show beneficial and quantifiable results that align with your original project goals.
Lean Six Sigma Project Application also covers effective strategies for working through team conflict and confrontations, while developing leadership skills and techniques for motivating your team.
This course is a part of the Lean Six Sigma Certificate, which includes:
Oregon State University College Partnership
This program is offered in partnership with the Oregon State University College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to a case study involving Value Stream Mapping
- Apply Lean Six Sigma to a case study involving Return on Investment calculations
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to determine the probability of finishing a project with multiple dependencies before a specified date
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to a case study involving reduction of complexity in a product line
- Demonstrate the ability to craft messages intended to reduce conflict within a project team
Henry Rogers, M.S., M.B.A.
Henry "Hank" Rogers, M.S., M.B.A., is a certified Black Belt instructor and experienced management, consulting and training professional. His experience spans years of supervision, management, quality improvement, consulting, training, and engineering. He has developed and delivered major training programs in diverse industries such as high-tech engineering and manufacturing environments, financial services, health care, utilities, and governmental organizations. His specializations are in Project Management, Lean Operations, Six Sigma, Finance and Quality Systems. Hank holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Notre Dame, an M.S. in Industrial Technology from Illinois State University, and an M.B.A. from California Polytechnic University, Pomona with an emphasis in Finance.