- Designed For
- Professionals who want to better manage their response to change in their organization or leaders who are currently experiencing organizational change.
- September 3 - September 28, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $349 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- Required Textbook
- The Heart of Change: Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations
John P. Kotter
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Change is an inevitable aspect of any business, and organizations that thrive learn to embrace opportunities for change. What differentiates a successful change effort from ones that don't succeed? Often, it’s the leadership approach.
In this course, you will learn the key strategies for leading change.
Develop your skills in creating a customized, effective plan that helps your team feel aware, included, and motivated to tackle new challenges. Avoid pitfalls, improve relationships, and drive success with the key skills needed to be an effective leader and ambassador of change.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Apply an approach that supports both change and transition.
- Communicate effectively and engage your team during times of organizational change.
- Develop a plan which includes defining roles and expectations for your team to support their adaptation to change.
This course is a part of the Leadership Development Certificate, which includes:
- Communication and Emotional Intelligence
- Leading through Organizational Change
- Leadership Team Coaching
- Leading with Cultural Intelligence
Oregon State University College Partnership
This program is offered in partnership with the Oregon State University College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Develop effective strategies for managing conflict and uncertainty
- Define and clarify roles and expectations for your team during times of change
- Effectively communicate and engage with your team around adapting to organizational changes
Patricia Bravo, SPHR
Patricia equips leaders with Empathetic Leadership techniques that drive team member engagement and increase business results. She does this by consulting with organizations and leaders through her company Bravo For You, where she helps organizations develop leadership programs and facilitates workshops that accelerate leader capability.
Patricia enjoys using her talent management experiences gleaned at Fortune 500 companies such as Starbucks to shape the leadership landscape of the future. She also teaches undergraduate courses at University of Washington, Bothell and recently published a chapter titled Empathy as a Vehicle to Authentic Leadership and Followership in Latin America: A Practitioner Perspective in the book Authentic Leadership: International Perspectives.