- Designed For
- Professionals who want to better work in multicultural teams or who want to transition to leadership roles in diverse, multicultural, and international teams.
- April 15 - June 2, 2019
- Online | Instructor-led
- $349 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Seven weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- Required Textbooks
- The Culture Solution: How to Achieve Cultural Synergy and Get Results in the Global Workplace
Deirdre Mendez, PhD
Available on Nook or Kindle
- International Dimensions of Organizational Behavior, 5th Edition
Nancy J. Adler & Allison Gunderson
Available for rent through September 2018
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
In today's globalized workplace, a 'one-size-fits-all' approach to leadership is insufficient at effectively engaging an increasingly diverse, multicultural, and international group of stakeholders.
The attitudes and behaviors that make you successful in one culture may be the reason you struggle when working across borders and cultures. More than ever, the ability to manage and leverage cultural differences is a vital skill for individuals at all levels of an organization, especially for project managers and team leaders.
Drawing from a growing body of research in cognitive, social, and cultural neuroscience, our Leading with Cultural Intelligence course presents a framework for understanding the multiple ways culture shapes the brain. Additionally, in this multicultural training course you will investigate the core cultural dimensions that drive thoughts, emotions, and behavior in global, virtual, and culturally diverse project environments.
Understanding these dimensions will help you make the right choice on how to approach:
- Making decisions and problem solving in a globalized workplace
- Reaching agreements and gaining commitments with diverse audiences
- Raising issues and dealing with conflict
- Building trust, rapport, and psychological safety
After completing this cultural awareness training in the workplace, you will have a greater understanding of the challenges of leading and working in culturally diverse teams and the skills you need to prevent cultural misunderstanding. You will avoid accidental violations of cultural norms that erode trust and undermine performance of your team and instead lead with intelligence and cultural awareness.
This course is a part of the Leadership Development Certificate, which includes:
- Communication and Emotional Intelligence
- Leading through Organizational Change
- Leadership Team Coaching
- Leading with Cultural Intelligence
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Learn to manage cultural differences effectively
- Understand how neuroscience and culture connect
- Analyze how cultural values shape the way we make decisions, solve problems, and collaborate with others in a multicultural teams
Samad Aidane, MSc. PMP, is a cross-cultural leadership development consultant, trainer, and coach. His industry experience spans telecom, finance, health care, and government projects in the U.S., Germany, Austria, and Belgium, with organizations such as HP, Cap Gemini, Time Warner Telecom, and Telefonica.
Samad holds a Master of Science Degree in the Neuroscience of Leadership from Middlesex University, U.K. His current Ph.D. research in Applied Neuroscience investigates how findings from neuroscience, social science, and behavioral science can inform our understanding of the effect of culture on emotions, cognition, and behavior and their application to leadership and Cultural Intelligence development.
Samad is certified by the Project Management Institute (PMP) and a member of the Social & Affective Neuroscience Society. He has been a featured speaker for organizations such as Nike, Emirates Airlines, and T-Mobile and presented at international conferences, such as Project Management Institute Global Congresses and Oracle OpenWorld.