- Designed For
- Professionals who want to develop and refine their coaching skills, particularly those in leadership, management, or consulting practices.
- October 29 - November 25, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $349 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Four weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Leadership Team Coaching: Developing Collective Transformational Leadership, 3rd Ed. Peter Hawkins ISBN-13 978-0749478490 Available on Amazon
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Leadership coaching increases effective collaboration between managers and their employees. Leadership coaching recognizes the value of curiosity, attentive listening, and open-ended questions to identify the strengths of your team members.
By mastering these tools, you can create strong, lasting partnerships that enhance and promote your employee’s engagement and growth, increasing innovation by creating an environment open to exploration and understanding.
In this effective, hands-on program, you will learn how to curb non-productive behaviors, understand motivation, and develop strong team dynamics within your group by truly understanding each member of the team.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to engage with your team one-on-one to recognize and highlight the strengths in each individual
- Strategies for improving your own listening skills and reactions to others
- The theories behind leadership coaching, including how it differs from mentoring and supervising
This course is a part of the Leadership Development Certificate, which includes:
- Communication and Emotional Intelligence
- Leading through Organizational Change
- Leadership Team Coaching
- Leading with Cultural Intelligence
Oregon State University College Partnership
This program is offered in partnership with the Oregon State University College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Define leadership coaching and how it differs from supervising or mentoring
- Develop techniques for managing your attention and reactions toward those you are coaching
- Understand how to recognize and develop strengths in others