- Designed For
- Professionals who want to improve coworker communication and better understand their coworkers’ styles of social interaction.
- April 16 - May 28, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
(+ $60 registration fee)
- Seven weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 3.0 Units | 30 Hours
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Access the free social skills webinar on demand and get a sneak peek into the course!
Modern employees are asked to perform more tasks, faster, and with less resources. Multitasking is the norm, and with distractions at every turn and every hour, employees must be always cognizant of their interactions with coworkers, subordinates and supervisors. Emotional intelligence and communication within an organization is especially important if goals are to be met, and inter-office working relationships are to be maintained. This course will address several aspects of effective communication skills, including verbal and non-verbal behaviors, defense mechanisms, NeuroLeadership, difficult conversations, and more.
This course is a part of the Leadership Development Certificate, which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Effectively communicate across teams, departments, grade/salary levels, and generations to achieve organizational goals
- Define the roles that self-concept, perception, defensive/supportive communication, passive/aggressive communication, non-verbals, active listening, assertiveness, and conflict play in everyday communication
- Analyze and internalize the impact of verbal and nonverbal communication in workplace interaction, and utilize strong, positive, interactive communication skills
- Utilize modern communication style-indicator techniques to enhance workplace relationships, such as SCARF, DiSC, and NeuroLeadership
- Define "emotional intelligence" and identify its uses in the workplace