- Designed For
- Professionals who want to improve coworker communication and better understand their coworkers’ styles of social interaction.
- Online | Instructor-led
- Seven weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 3.0 Units | 30 Hours
- Required Textbook
- The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success
Steven J. Stein
Available on Amazon
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0
Travis Bradberry, Jean Greaves, Patrick Lencioni
Available on Amazon
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Access the free social skills webinar on demand and get a sneak peek into the course!
Modern employees are asked to perform more tasks, faster, and with less resources. Multitasking is the norm, and with distractions at every turn and every hour, employees must be always cognizant of their interactions with coworkers, subordinates and supervisors. Emotional intelligence and communication within an organization is especially important if goals are to be met, and inter-office working relationships are to be maintained. This course will address several aspects of effective communication skills, including verbal and non-verbal behaviors, defense mechanisms, NeuroLeadership, difficult conversations, and more.
This course is a part of the Leadership Development Certificate, which includes:
- Communication and Emotional Intelligence
- Leading through Organizational Change
- Leadership Team Coaching
- Leading with Cultural Intelligence
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Effectively communicate across teams, departments, grade/salary levels, and generations to achieve organizational goals
- Define the roles that self-concept, perception, defensive/supportive communication, passive/aggressive communication, non-verbals, active listening, assertiveness, and conflict play in everyday communication
- Analyze and internalize the impact of verbal and nonverbal communication in workplace interaction, and utilize strong, positive, interactive communication skills
- Utilize modern communication style-indicator techniques to enhance workplace relationships, such as SCARF, DiSC, and NeuroLeadership
- Define "emotional intelligence" and identify its uses in the workplace
Samad Aidane, MSc. PMP, is a cross-cultural leadership development consultant, trainer, and coach. His industry experience spans telecom, finance, health care, and government projects in the U.S., Germany, Austria, and Belgium, with organizations such as HP, Cap Gemini, Time Warner Telecom, and Telefonica.
Samad holds a Master of Science Degree in the Neuroscience of Leadership from Middlesex University, U.K. His current Ph.D. research in Applied Neuroscience investigates how findings from neuroscience, social science, and behavioral science can inform our understanding of the effect of culture on emotions, cognition, and behavior and their application to leadership and Cultural Intelligence development.
Samad is certified by the Project Management Institute (PMP) and a member of the Social & Affective Neuroscience Society. He has been a featured speaker for organizations such as Nike, Emirates Airlines, and T-Mobile and presented at international conferences, such as Project Management Institute Global Congresses and Oracle OpenWorld.