- Designed For
- A course for landscape professionals, garden designers, Master Gardeners and hobbyists
- Online, self-paced
- Course Length
- 8 to 10 hours
- PLANET: 8 CEUS
- Oregon Landscape Contractors Board (OLCB): 8 CEHs
A region's native plant species help their natural surroundings by protecting soil, conserving water and providing a natural habitat for wildlife. Combining practicality and beauty, native plants can bring new life to a garden or landscape.
In this Landscaping with Native Plants Online Course you will learn how to incorporate native plants into your garden and landscape.
You'll also discover local resources to aid you as you care for and maintain your new native landscape design.
Online Landscaping Course Objectives
- Different regional native plants in North America.
- Various styles of gardening with native plants.
- Development and use of cultivars and selected forms of native plants species.
- Proper care and feeding of native plants.
- Local resources available to you.
You'll understand the variety of native plants found throughout North America and how to incorporate native plant species through different styles of landscape design.
Oregon Landscape Contractors Board and PLANET Professional Landcare Network
Professional gardeners and landscapers also have the opportunity to earn valuable continuing education credit through the Oregon Landscape Contractors Board and PLANET Professional Landcare Network.
Heather Stoven is an Assistant Professor of Practice in Community Horticulture at Oregon State University. She has a Master of Science degree in Integrated Pest Management and previous ornamental nursery and arboretum experience working with woody and herbaceous plant management including propagation and plant health.