- Designed For
- Private and Commercial Pesticide Applicators
- Washington State Department of Agriculture: 1 recertification credit
- Oregon Department of Agriculture: 1 core credit
The first step in combating pests is to understand what a pest is and how to properly identify one.
This course will provide you with tools to identify and control pests including insects, weeds, pathogens and others. The fifty-minute course qualifies for the Oregon Department of Agriculture's pesticide applicator recertification, one Washington State Department of Agriculture's pesticide recertification credit, one Idaho State Department of Agriculture recertification credit, one Wyoming State Department of Agriculture recertification credit, one Utah State Department of Agriculture recertification credit, one Nevada State Department of Agriculture recertification credit, or one New Mexico State Department of Agriculture recertification credit. The Oregon Department of Agriculture has approved "Know Your Enemies: Insects and Other Pests" as a core class.
What You'll Learn
- Categories of pests and their body compositions.
- Pest reproduction and problems pests can cause.
- Correct pest identification and solutions to successful management.
- Real-life case studies involving pests and control methods.
Marvin Butler is a professor specializing in grass seed, vegetable seed, and peppermint. He is currently working for the Central Oregon Agricultural Research Center located in Madras, Oregon.