- Designed For
- Professionals who want to enter into the web development industry, including graphic designers, multimedia designers and marketing professionals who want to increase their expertise in the area of web design.
- January 8 - March 18, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $650 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Ten Weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 3.0 Units | 30 Hours
- Must be familiar with using computers and web browsers
Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Is a career in web design and development right for you? Access this on demand webinar and receive a list of the new career pathways and opportunities.
Website development has reached new heights with the rapid progress of new technologies and standards.
Websites are no longer viewed solely in a browser and now must designed for accessibility across mobile devices. Though the base technology has remained the same, there has been a tremendous progress in the level of sophistication in the sphere of website development.
- Using HTML5 to build a cross-platform compatible web application
- Developing code with well-written semantic structure that can gain strong foothold in search engine ranking, using HTML5
- Creating websites that are compatible with older browsers, using HTML5 and CSS3
The structure of the course will help you delve into the intricacies involved in web programming and gain a thorough knowledge of its usage in the professional circuit. The course is not only theoretical but also covers the practical aspect so that you can fully adhere to the best practices of web development.
This course is part of the Web Development and Coding Certificate, which includes:
- Web Design Principles
- Web Graphics with Photoshop
- PHP and MySQL
You may take the web design courses individually and in any order that fits your schedule. However, you must complete all four courses to receive the certificate.
What You'll Learn
- Define HTML and CSS
- Create a basic, standards compliant HTML web page
- Demonstrate methods for linking HTML pages together
- Structure information using header, paragraph, list and other basic HTML elements
- Add and change HTML tags
- Modify CSS attributes
- Generate images for displaying on a web page
- Construct basic tables and forms
- Produce a page's fonts and colors using CSS
- Aligning Elements using the CSS Box Model
Kevin Hanegan, B.S., is the author of 4 programming books: Building State-of-the-Art Web Pages, Custom CGI Scripting with Perl, Practical Guide to Curl, and Building Solutions with the Decision Site Analytics Platform. He has worked for a variety of software companies, universities, and corporate training centers as a course developer, trainer and consultant. He currently is Vice President of Knowledge and Learning at Qlik.