- Designed For
- Courses designed to serve you through every phase of your HR career. Flexible programs for those seeking HR certification, in need of continuing education units or just entering the field.
- January 8 - February 11, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $527 (+$60 registration fee)
- Five weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- 2 PDUs with SHRM®
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
The successful HR professional is accepted by management as a partner who positively contributes to the business' success. This partnership role is dependent on HR's understanding of both the business and the linkage of human resources to business results.
This course will develop the your skills to enable you to demonstrate your knowledge of basic business concepts and how effective human resource programs and program management supports the organization's goals. Through case studies and practical experience, you will develop skills that can be readily transferred to your work environment.
This course is a part of the Human Resources Management Certificate, which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Use key financial terms and concepts, as used by the business
- Link business and HR Strategies
- Identify HR programs that can have a financial impact on their businesses and learn ways to help the business better manage Human Resources
- Apply marketing and communication skills to enhance the business' understanding of HR
- Identify HR structure and its impact on business support
Linda is President of LMC Partners, Human Capital Consulting and has over 30 years of human capital management experience. Prior to starting her own business, Linda served as a Principal at Mercer Consulting, an international Human Resources consulting firm. Over the years she has worked with 1000s of companies spanning varied industry and size. Her work focuses on the enhancement of the HR function to meet business goals and the effective management of human capital to drive business results. Linda has a Masters degree in Education from Cal State University, Los Angeles and a Bachelor of Arts and teaching credential from UCLA. Linda has taught within the UC Extension’s business and management program for over 15 years and been a speaker both nationally and internationally.