- Designed For
- Professionals currently working in human resources who want to improve their practices, advance their organization and/or more effectively manage personal processes and policies. Additionally, individuals looking for a career change or advancement.
- February 18 - March 24, 2019
- Online | Instructor-led
- $527 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- 20 PDUs with SHRM®
- Required Textbook
- Introduction to Human Resource Management, Second edition. Paul Banfield and Rebecca Kay. ISBN: 978-0-19-958108-5. Oxford University Press. Copyright 2012.
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Learn the fundamentals of human resources management throughout the employee lifecycle. This course walks you through such essentials as recruitment, compensation, onboarding, training, performance and more.
In this course, you will build essential fundamental human resources knowledge to help you successfully navigate the relationship between employee and employer. You will also learn theory around employee morale and group dynamics. Topics include:
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Employee Training and Career Development
- Sustaining Employee Performance
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
This course is a part of the Human Resources Management Certificate, which includes:
- Human Resources: Data-Driven Decision Making
- Human Resources: Strategies for Business Success
- Human Resources: Business Risk Management
- Human Resources Fundamentals
- Human Resources: Employee Recruitment and Retention
- Human Resources: Legal Aspects
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Integrate essential human resources elements into core functions of your organization.
- Capitalize on recent trends and their role in contemporary HR practices.
- Develop best-practices to build strong relationships between management and employees.