- Designed For
- Professionals currently working in human resources who want to improve their practices, advance their organization and/or more effectively manage personal processes and policies. Additionally, individuals looking for a career change or advancement.
- August 27 - September 30, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $527 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five weeks Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Predictive Analytics for Human Resources by Jac Fitz-Enz and John R. Mattox II
John Wiley and Sons Publishers
- 20 PDUs with SHRM®
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Understandably, business leaders have increasingly come to rely on data and reporting as major factors in any big decision. With staffing representing most organizations’ biggest investment, it is not surprising that effective HR teams must also lead with data and analytics in mind.
This course discusses ways that a strong and effective analytics capability can drive organizational performance based on human capital metrics. Participants will learn strategies to manage decision-making with effective data mining and reporting. Topics also include strategic reporting, storytelling through data and tactical analytics-driven strategy.
This course is a part of the Human Resources Management Certificate, which includes:
- Human Resources: Data-Driven Decision Making
- Human Resources: Strategies for Business Success
- Human Resources: Business Risk Management
- Human Resources Fundamentals
- Human Resources: Employee Recruitment and Retention
- Human Resources: Legal Aspects
Oregon State University College Partnership
This program is offered in partnership with the Oregon State University College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the benefits derived from effective HR measures and analytics
- Understand trends including predictive analytics
- Determine the data needs and challenges in data analysis
- Understand the approaches to conducting a strategic analysis
- Identify the characteristics of telling a good story with data
Dennis Carr, Chief Human Resource Officer
Your instructor for this course, Dennis Carr, MSIR/SPHR/SHRM-SCP, serves as Chief Human Resources Officer for Lane Community College. As the Society for Human Resource Management's Oregon-exclusive instructor/educational partner, Dennis is proud to share his insight and expertise with other HR leaders. Participants in Dennis' SHRM courses have enjoyed a certification test pass rate of over 94% in each of the past two years! Dennis will take an active role to help ensure you gain the knowledge you need to reach this important career milestone.