- Designed For
- Professionals currently working in human resources who want to improve their practices, advance their organization and/or more effectively manage personal processes and policies. Additionally, individuals looking for a career change or advancement.
- January 7 - February 10, 2019
- Online | Instructor-led
- $527 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five weeks Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- 20 PDUs with SHRM®
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Risks are inevitable, and organizations have an obligation to attend to the safety and well-being of the people they serve. Our Business Risk Management online course highlights essential HR practices related to employee safety and well-being. Human resource professionals, business owners and others involved in your business have an obligation to mitigate risk, from hiring through managing of employees.
As a participant, you will learn how to develop a robust framework for both employees and supervisors, including a performance management system, adequate orientation and training, and ongoing training around policies and procedures.
This course is a part of the Human Resources Management Certificate, which includes:
- Human Resources: Data-Driven Decision Making
- Human Resources: Strategies for Business Success
- Human Resources: Business Risk Management
- Human Resources Fundamentals
- Human Resources: Employee Recruitment and Retention
- Human Resources: Legal Aspects
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- How to develop thorough and comprehensive screening processes
- How to ensure awareness of applicable laws related to discrimination and harassment, as well as company-specific guidelines related to safety and security
- How to set probationary periods
- How to manage and mitigate risk related to hiring and exiting employees