- Designed For
- Professionals currently working in human resources who want to improve their practices, advance their organization and/or more effectively manage personal processes and policies. Additionally, individuals looking for a career change or advancement.
- January 7 - February 10, 2019
- Online | Instructor-led
- $527 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five weeks Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- 20 PDUs with SHRM®
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Risks are inevitable, and organizations have an obligation to attend to the safety and well-being of the people they serve. Our Business Risk Management online course highlights essential HR practices related to employee safety and well-being. Human resource professionals, business owners and others involved in your business have an obligation to mitigate risk, from hiring through managing of employees.
As a participant, you will learn how to develop a robust framework for both employees and supervisors, including a performance management system, adequate orientation and training, and ongoing training around policies and procedures.
This course is a part of the Human Resources Management Certificate, which includes:
- Human Resources: Data-Driven Decision Making
- Human Resources: Strategies for Business Success
- Human Resources: Business Risk Management
- Human Resources Fundamentals
- Human Resources: Employee Recruitment and Retention
- Human Resources: Legal Aspects
Oregon State University College Partnership
This program is offered in partnership with the Oregon State University College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- How to develop thorough and comprehensive screening processes
- How to ensure awareness of applicable laws related to discrimination and harassment, as well as company-specific guidelines related to safety and security
- How to set probationary periods
- How to manage and mitigate risk related to hiring and exiting employees
Dennis Carr, Chief Human Resource Officer
Your instructor for this course, Dennis Carr, MSIR/SPHR/SHRM-SCP, serves as Chief Human Resources Officer for Lane Community College. As the Society for Human Resource Management's Oregon-exclusive instructor/educational partner, Dennis is proud to share his insight and expertise with other HR leaders. Participants in Dennis' SHRM courses have enjoyed a certification test pass rate of over 94% in each of the past two years! Dennis will take an active role to help ensure you gain the knowledge you need to reach this important career milestone.