- Designed For
- Human resources generalists, human resources assistants, trainers, recruiters, staffing specialists, office managers of small to medium size companies, managers who will soon be supervising employees, and individuals seeking a career change. Business owners, and others, interested in learning how to reduce risk in their organizations
- February 19 - March 18, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $527 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five weeks Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.0 Units | 20 Hours
- 2 PDUs with SHRM®
- Talk to the Program Manager
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Risks are inevitable and organizations have an obligation to attend to the safety and well being of the people they serve.
Human Resource professionals, business owners and others involved in your business need to be able to mitigate risk, from hiring through managing of employees.
You'll also learn how to develop strong rubrics for both employees and supervisors, including a performance management system, adequate orientation and training, and ongoing training around policies and procedures. Human resources can keep an organization happy, well run and safe for all employees.
You can get take the first step and forecast, avoid, and reduce risk within your organization today!
This course is a part of the Human Resources Management Certificate, which includes:
What You'll Learn
- How to develop thorough and comprehensive screening processes
- How to ensure human rights law are observed
- How to set probationary periods
- How to manage and mitigate risk in hiring and exiting employees
Dennis Carr, Chief Human Resource Officer
Your instructor for this course, Dennis Carr, MSIR/SPHR/SHRM-SCP, serves as Chief Human Resources Officer for Lane Community College. As the Society for Human Resource Management's Oregon-exclusive instructor/educational partner, Dennis is proud to share his insight and expertise with other HR leaders. Participants in Dennis' SHRM courses have enjoyed a certification test pass rate of over 94% in each of the past two years! Dennis will take an active role to help ensure you gain the knowledge you need to reach this important career milestone.