- Designed For
- HR professionals seeking professional HR certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) and SHRM testing.
- SHRM CP and SCP Certification Prep Courses for 2017:
April 6th - June 22nd | Online | Work through course materials at your own pace with weekly coaching prompts from instructor Dennis Carr. Space permitting you may join this online session anytime until April 28, 2017. We strongly recommend you register before April 14 2017 to secure your spot.
- June 9th, 16th and 23rd | Accelerated onsite sessions in Salem, Oregon | Review the official SHRM study materials , gain access to exclusive coaching and online content leading up to three full day onsite sessions with Dennis Carr. Register before April 28, 2017 (to access important pre-course coaching and readings)
- $1,350 which includes official 2017 SHRM study materials.
(There is a $190 discount for SHRM members within the registration process)
- 3.6 CEUs
- SHRM Materials
- You will receive the official SHRM study materials within one month of the course start date. It is highly encouraged that you begin working through the materials before you attend the class, so you can spend class time getting all your questions answered!
Boost your career by establishing yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert.
By earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™), you'll be set up for professional advancement and recognized as the HR leader in your organization.
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Prep Course
Ensure you're prepared with Oregon State University's Professional and Continuing Education’s SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Prep Course, designed for SHRM credential candidates.
Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success. The intensive course combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
By attending our course, you'll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor - Dennis Carr, M.S.I.R./SPHR/SCP, Chief Human Resource Officer, Lane Community College
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Tuition reimbursement and up to 36 continuing education units (CEUs)
It’s time to invest in yourself and your career by becoming HR certified. Our preparation course will keep you on track and enhance your learning and experience.
The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams have been awarded accreditation, a pronouncement that the HR credentials meet the highest standards in testing.
There are now 96,000 SHRM-certified professionals, which makes it the fastest-growing HR certification community and the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP are the most widely-taken HR exams in the world.
What Do Previous Students Say?
"Dennis’ HR expertise when reviewing the materials in class, and his constant positive encouragement ("read and you will pass") were invaluable. This course is an essential part of successfully preparing for the SHRM-CP. Regardless of how much of a self-starter you are, this class helps keep you focused, motivated and on task as you review the SHRM learning system materials. Dennis Carr is extremely knowledgeable and provides thorough explanations, and practical applications, of the material. This course is worth every penny and I doubt that I would have passed without it."
-- Chris Antonetti, SHRM-CP
SPRING COURSE OPTIONS
- 100% Online: April 6 - June 22, 2017. Learn on your time - around your schedule.
- 3-Day Accelerated Onsite Sessions: June 9, June 16 and June 23, 2017 in Salem, Oregon. In this course, you'll review the official SHRM study materials, gain access to exclusive coaching and online content leading up to three full-day onsite sessions with Dennis Carr. Register before May 23, 2017 (to access important pre-course coaching and readings).
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCES (SHRM) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Note; HR professionals must meet specific educational and work experience criteria in order to be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam. Details.
Complete this course and earn a digital badge to share your new credential and accomplishment via Facebook, LinkedIn and more.
Dennis Carr, Chief Human Resource Officer
Your instructor for this course, Dennis Carr, MSIR/SPHR/SHRM-SCP, serves as Chief Human Resources Officer for Lane Community College. As the Society for Human Resource Management's Oregon-exclusive instructor/educational partner, Dennis is proud to share his insight and expertise with other HR leaders. Participants in Dennis' SHRM courses have enjoyed a certification test pass rate of over 94% in each of the past two years! Dennis will take an active role to help ensure you gain the knowledge you need to reach this important career milestone.