- Designed For
- A course for professional and hobbyist gardeners, professional landscapers and retail nursery owners.
- Online, self-paced
Investigate how environmental causes impact the health of your plant, including cold injury, pollination problems, sun (too much or too little), weather elements or air pollution.
What You'll Learn
- A systematic approach to diagnosing plant problems correctly based on available symptoms and signs.
- Differentiation of environmental and cultural problems from those caused by biotic organisms.
- Characteristics of cold injury, excess sun or shade, drought or drainage problems, wind, etc.
- Identification of specific problems and solution recommendation.
Neil Bell is a community horticulturist for Oregon State University Extension Service. Since 2000 he has overseen the OSU Master Gardener™ program in Marion and Polk counties and has assisted homeowners, Master Gardeners, landscapers and retail nursery owners with thousands of different plant problems.