- Designed For
- Serious entrepreneurs hoping to starting a commercial craft cidery.
- Coming in 2019!
- Online | Instructor-led
Oregon State University has played a central role in advancing the field of fermentation sciences, as well as helping entrepreneurs learn how to start breweries and cideries and find their own unique place in the craft beverage business with their own distinctive brands. And since 2014, participants in our accelerated Craft Cidery Startup Workshop have become some of the most inspired (and well-prepared) industry startups.
The online version of our popular Craft Cidery Startup Workshop, this course offers an enriching and accelerated path to help ensure your own business is a success. Designed for those who cannot travel to Oregon or simply want to work through the courses at their own pace, Craft Cidery Startup Workshop Online is taught by seasoned cider industry professionals who walk participants through the basics of:
- Hard cider business plan
- Understanding market feasibility
- Ingredient sourcing and equipment
- Local and national regulations
- Distribution and marketing
Complete this course and earn a digital badge to share your accomplishment on Facebook, LinkedIn and more!
More course details coming Spring 2018.
What You'll Learn
- Recognition of craft hard cider making opportunities in your community
- Process to create a sustainable cidery business plan
- Best practices for growing and marketing your craft hard cidery
- Development of capital and infrastructure including sourcing ingredients and brewing equipment
- Entrepreneurial insight from local cidery owners
- Current trends in the cider industry
- Elements of a successful cidery business and management culture