- Designed For
- This course is ideal for mid-level and senior professionals looking to stay ahead of the competition, advance in their careers, or increase their earnings potential. Individuals with no prior procurement and contracting experience are advised to enroll in course.
- October 16 - November 26, 2017
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Six weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.4 Units │ 24 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Model Contract Terms and Conditions with Annotations and Case Summaries
X.Paul Humbert (Author) & Robert Mastice (Contributor)
Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
This course is designed to give students a working knowledge of stakeholder requirements, negotiation practices, applicable common law, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and other local, state and federal regulations and law that must be adhered to throughout the formation process.
Explore contract wording, intent, internal business requirements and practices, risk management, sourcing methods and other factors influencing the formation and drafting process. This course will also provide a basic understanding of the laws and principles of law that affect government contracting; various case scenarios dealing with ethical considerations; and an understanding of the changes as brought forth in FASA, FARA, and ITMRA.
This course is part of the Procurements & Contract Management Certificate which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Laws and principles that relate to government contracting
- Understanding of changes within FASA, FARA, and ITMRA
- Define and understand business requirements and practice, and how to mitigate risk
Brian P. Gatus is Principal Manager of Supply Chain Management for Edison Material Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern California Edison (SCE). He is responsible for leading a team of professionals in delivering effective procurement (sourcing, contracts & negotiations) and category spend management solutions for SCE's business enterprise supply chain. Mr. Gatus has a proven track record of success in leveraging spend, optimizing procurement controls, minimizing risk and improving product quality. With over 18 years of public and private sector experience, his areas of expertise include sourcing of various IT/OT hardware and software, complex contract negotiations, logistics, and execution of business process improvements. Mr. Gatus is recognized by the National Contract Management Association as a Certified Professional Contracts Manager and by the Institute of Supply Management as a Certified Professional in Supply Management. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and an undergraduate degree in Business Information Systems.