- Designed For
- Professionals who want to develop their natural leadership skills, new leaders, executive teams, individuals interested in improving their management and communication skills.
- November 1, 2018
- On-site | Portland, OR
- $349 (+ $60 registration fee)
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 1.0 Units | 8 Hours
Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Coaching increases productivity, employee engagement, innovation and lasting business relationships. In this learning-by-doing program participants will learn and experience what it means to coach and be coached and how to use the five skills of effective coaching. Designed for learners who are looking to become more effective leaders and take on greater leadership challenges, this course will provide you with the tools to better connect with your team. Participants may come from any functional background, industry, or country. You can expect a diverse group of peers with whom you will share personal reflections on leadership, exchange ideas, and extend your personal and professional network.
Leadership coaching builds collaboration between a manager and their employees. Creating strong, lasting partnerships that enhance and promote employee engagement and growth. When effectively employed, leadership coaching can increase innovation by creating an environment open to exploration, and understanding. Learn to curb non-productive behaviors, understand motivation, and develop strong team dynamics with this effective, hands-on program.
This course is a part of the Oregon Authentic Leadership Development Retreat, which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Understand the difference between managing and coaching and when to use both
- Implement the Five Skills of Effective Coaching: Listening, Ask, don’t tell, Reframe, Truthful Feedback and Requesting
- Discover the Four Phase Coaching process
- Learn how to coach on the spot
- Review the brain science behind trust
- Build accountability and keeping promises
Dean Newlund is CEO of Mission Facilitators International, a 25-year-old boutique team-based development firm with offices in Phoenix and Bend. Dean has developed and facilitated hundreds of training programs for small to large organizations, for-profit and nonprofit, government agencies, and school systems in the US and in 19 countries. He is certified in several assessment tools has written columns and white papers, and has spoken at conferences on the topics of leadership and communication and their effect on business results.