- Designed For
- Both aspiring designing individuals and interior designers who are wanting to increase their education, career opportunities, and professional status in the interior design industry
- This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you wish and finish at your own pace.
- Online, expert instructor-led
- $2,145 (USD)
- Upon registering, you're given six (6) months to complete this program.
This program will not only give you the basic skills and background you need to start working as an interior home designer, but the R.I.D.E credential will also increase your status with potential clients. You will explore the cornerstones of professional design, discover how to plan both visually appealing and functional spaces, and study how interior design has evolved throughout history.
This program will also provide you with an education on ethics that you can apply to your own practice. This resourcefulness of ethical standards will increase your worth as a designer and make you a stronger candidate in the industry. Upon completion of this program, you will take the Residential Interior Designer Exam (R.I.D.E) as the final. Also after completion, you can qualify for benefits such as a free one-year Designer Society of America, or DSA designer membership and possible participation in a 40-hour internship through DSA, if you meet certain eligibility requirements.
What You'll Learn
- Understand what a residential interior designer does
- Be familiar with major design styles and movements throughout history
- Know how to manipulate the basic elements involved in residential interior design projects
- Understand the steps required to work as a residential interior designer and start your own design business
- Have experience creating a design concept and floor plan