- Designed For
- Professionals who want to advance in their career and maximize the financial performance of their organization. Individuals with no procurement and contracting experience are advised to take the entire certificate series.
- May 7 - June 17, 2018
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Six weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.4 Units | 24 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Wold Class Contracting, G. Garrett, 6th ed (ISBN-13: 978-0808042402, Wolters Kluwer)
- Recommended Textbook
- Contract Management Body of Knowledge, M. Rumbaugh, 4th Ed (ISBN: 9780970089779) -
Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Business contracts are a daily part of business and the work that gets done. These documents dictate much of the work we do and ensure that everyone's interests are protected. This course helps you develop your knowledge and skills for business contracts and learn how to solicit, procure, negotiate and administer contracts.
In this six-week online course, you'll gain a new understanding of business contract essentials and learn how to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, supplies and stakeholders. You'll also gain an inside view of the roles and responsibilities of contract administrators as they apply to business contracts and learn fundamental knowledge about acquisition requirements, solicitations, contract formation and more.
This course is a part of the Procurement & Contract Management Certificate which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Identify the basic differences between contract types
- Mitigate risk in a contractual environment
- Explore the key distinctions between commercial, government and international contracting process.
Brian P. Gatus is Principal Manager of Supply Chain Management for Edison Material Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern California Edison (SCE). He is responsible for leading a team of professionals in delivering effective procurement (sourcing, contracts & negotiations) and category spend management solutions for SCE's business enterprise supply chain. Mr. Gatus has a proven track record of success in leveraging spend, optimizing procurement controls, minimizing risk and improving product quality. With over 18 years of public and private sector experience, his areas of expertise include sourcing of various IT/OT hardware and software, complex contract negotiations, logistics, and execution of business process improvements. Mr. Gatus is recognized by the National Contract Management Association as a Certified Professional Contracts Manager and by the Institute of Supply Management as a Certified Professional in Supply Management. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and an undergraduate degree in Business Information Systems.