- This NEW program begins June 2017
- 1. Introduction to Business Analysis & Needs Assessment
- 2. Requirements Planning
- 3. Eliciting the Requirements
- 4. Tracing Requirements
- 5. Requirements Project Capstone
- 100% Online, Instructor-Led
- Hybrid, Instructor-Led
2-weeks online plus 2-days Face-to-Face in Corvallis, Oregon
- Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs. Contact us today for a free no-obligation training consultation. email@example.com
- Estimated Tuition for Certificate $2,435, plus a $60 non-refundable registration fee.
- $487 per course
- Each course takes 5-7 weeks to complete.
The full certificate can be completed in 6 months, average 3 - 8 hours of work per week.
- 12 CEUs / 120 PDUs
- Talk to the Program Manager
- Contact our program manager, Paula Matano at 541-737-3690 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free, no-obligation training consultation. Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, we currently change jobs 10 to 15 times - and that number is projected to grow.
In today's market, upgrading your skillset and expertise has taken on enhanced importance.
Knowledge has become the new currency, and it's the single best way to gain more control over your career and be indispensable.
Take Control of Your Career
Fast track your success with a business and IBM guru. Neil Sahota advises Global Fortune 500 companies on finding and developing the next big thing (see IBM Watson), so he has an expert's insight on the type of employees that successful companies look for.
If you're ready for more status and responsibility, here's your opportunity to learn directly from Neil and deliver value to any company you choose with the skills to influence processes and connect with decision makers by speaking their language.
Business Analyst Careers
As a business analyst, you'll connect with managers and stakeholders and influence requirements for business processes, policies and information systems. You'll analyze potential problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements, and you'll be looked upon to recommend solutions that achieve your business goals and accomplishments.
NEW Business Analyst Certificate
Oregon State University's Business Analyst Certificate program is designed specifically so you can enhance your business analysis capabilities as well as give you everything you need for a career change.
The new Business Analyst Certificate was designed intentionally to advance your career and increase your job security by helping you bridge all levels of an organization.
Each course address job requirements from the perspectives of systems integrators, project managers, and end-user stakeholders.
You'll learn how to effectively gather and analyze information, speak the language of different departments, and produce technical solutions and deliverables.
You'll also achieve an Oregon State University Certificate that you can proudly display.
According to the International Institute of Business Analysis, entry level salary is between $40,000 to $70,000 and mid-career salary is between $55,000 to $95,000
Why This Business Analyst Certificate
After learning with Neil's proven system, you'll
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the highly-valued roles business analysts serve.
- Explore the depth and breadth of commonly-used tools, techniques and approaches.
- Learn to assess business problems and opportunities, analyzing solution options and recommending those which best meet business needs.
- Have insider insights from professional business analysis practitioners.
Who Should be in this Business Analyst Program
Is this program for you? The business analyst skills are far reaching. So, if you currently are, or are interested in one of these positions, you'll be able to maximize and implement Neil's material:
- Business analysts, process analysts, programmer analysts, QA analysts
- Business systems planners
- Computer systems officers
- Computer resource specialists
- Data scientists
- Requirements engineer
- Software system architects
- Product marketers and managers
- Management consultants
Neil Sahota Ted Talk
To get a sense of Neil, here he is in a featured Ted Talk speaking about cognitive computing capabilities.
Unique Access to a Business Expert
Neil has a proven track record of success in every aspect of business, from developing ideas to establishing a customer strategy to creating a sound marketing plan. And he has years of experience coaching and teaching Global 500 companies, startups, and individuals a like.
Past students of Neil have said:
- "I walked away with far more clarity on how I should be allocating my time and energy given my goals." Michael N.
- "Neil is a very experienced professional and has always been a good mentor to me, gave me career suggestions and also connect me to other professionals." ZI L.
- "Thanks to his guidance we've saved countless hours in development, which has led to fast tracking our product launch." Harvey K.
Choice of Course Delivery
This Business Analyst Certificate is unique in that you can choose between two different course formats.
You can choose between 100% online instructor-led as well as hybrid that consists of two-weeks online plus two-days face-to-face in Corvallis, Oregon
We're Oregon's statewide and largest university, with students in Corvallis, Bend, Newport and Portland, plus online students across Oregon, the nation and the world.
U.S. News & World Report named Oregon State among the "Best Global Universities" (Top 2 percent in the world).
Take the First Step
To get started and take the first step toward becoming your best leader, you can register right now.
What You'll Learn
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the highly-valued roles business analysts serve
- A comprehensive overview of the business analyst role as it relates to IT solutions.
- How to identify business needs and the costs and benefits of implementing a technical solutions.
- How to formulate business specifications from which technical solutions can be developed and implemented.
- How to bridge the gap between business and IT.
- Explore the depth and breadth of commonly-used tools, techniques and approaches
- Learn to assess business problems and opportunities, analyzing solution options and recommending those which best meet business needs
- Gain exposure to real-world instructors who are professional business analysis practitioners.
Neil Sahota is a Project Executive in IBM Global Business Services. He has over 13 years of experience in business and IT, and he is responsible for the sales and execution of large, complex programs spanning business strategy development, new product development, business and system integration, and process improvement. His work experience spans multiple industries include healthcare, life sciences, retail, travel and transportation, energy and utilities, automotive, telecommunications, media/communication, and government.